Monday, October 3, 2011

Most Beautiful Woman in the World

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I have the assignment to do the activities for the 8 year old girls.  We do crafts and learn new things and serve.  This past time they all brought their favorite treat to share and one other thing that they love to show us.  I, of course, brought my movie "Sabrina" staring guess who?  Audrey Hepburn.  This is not necessarily my favorite movie of hers because I don't think I can pick just one but I wanted to show them that I love Audrey Hepburn and why.  I said at one point, "She is the most beautiful woman that has ever lived."  At this one of the girls scoffed and said, "Uh she is NOT prettier than my mom."  Without thinking I said, "Hmm I don't know."  She looked at me with complete conviction and scoffed again, "No.  She is not."  Now while I'm not going to comment on who is prettier because that is matter of opinion.  I absolutely loved how she had no doubt about her conviction.  It was a statement of fact and was not negotiable.  I guarantee her dad is the one telling her she has the most beautiful mother in the world and I love that.  I love children and their sweet and pure love for their parents.  I love their vulnerability and their honesty.  I wish we could all be more honest like that and not be scared to come out and say the things we know and believe.  It was a great lesson and one of the many I have learned from a child. 

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years. ~" Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...