Monday, May 9, 2011

*~Monday's Miracle~*

Miracle Binky Age




Eighteen months is the miracle age to take away a binky.  I have now done it three times and it works like a charm every time.  My cousins, bestie, and sisters have all tried it and it works.  They may cry for a minute right when you put them down but that is all.  They don't really care to have it taken away.  They are old enough to be independent enough to do it but not too old to know how to beg for it.  My son turned 18 months last Thursday and he is happy today and not binky for four days.  LOVE IT!!  It is such a liberating feeling for me too that I don't have to search every night and nap time for it.  Here is how you do it.

The morning they turn 18 months, you cut off all the rubber parts of the binkies.  Then you give it to you baby.  They either think it is funny, or it just confuses them and they throw it aside.  I let them have it all day if they want and just keep telling them it is broken.  Then if you want to give it to them at nap time and bed time and VIOLA!  You have weened them of their binky.  My babies always have blankies too so they still have those for comfort.  Try it!  You won't regret it!

"I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." Audrey Hepburn

PS- stay tuned for my first giveaway this week.

2 comments:

Michelle H said...

It can't be right that he's that old...check the calendar again please!

Hill Family said...

Totally agree, as simply as it may seem. It worked for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...