Monday, July 18, 2011

*~Monday's Miracle~*

Love Multiplies Miracle


One of my favorite girls who lives close to me taught our lesson in church yesterday.  Her mom is a doodler and made this doodle and then made it into a quilt.  She calls it "Love Multiplies."  
She says,


“This doodle resembles the Indian sculptures of the storyteller. When I first saw one of those figures, I thought it was a mother with many children and was thrilled at the concept because of an experience I had when I was younger.

I was taking a Lamaze refresher course in preparation for the birth of my fourth child. The teacher was expecting her second. Her reaction upon hearing that I was expecting Number four was “We are only having two children. We don’t want to have to divide our love between more than two, it wouldn’t be fair to the children.”

I was literally speechless. Didn’t she know love multiplies? It doesn’t divide or subtract, it adds and multiplies. The more you give it away the more you have to give. So this piece is dedicated to my mother and all those she has taken in and loved, and all her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She taught me that ‘Love Multiplies.”
  Kathy Porter

2 comments:

Michelle H said...

It's beautiful.

Tammy Miller said...

Hey Annie, love your blog, just picked the winner of my image from the bugaboo Blog hop and you are the lucky winner! Please email me at tsmiller@insightbb (dot)com and I will send you your prize!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...