Friday, June 10, 2011

Happiness

Audrey once said, "I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I'd invented it, because it is very true." The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.


Now although I do not believe being happy is the only thing that matters in this life, I do think that if you are faithful and good then that will bring happiness.  I also completely concur that happiness is a short term memory. How often do people hold onto things that happened 3, 5, 10, even 30 years ago and won't let it go.  It causes a weight that is holding you down.  Letting go of things, forgiving, and looking ahead is the way to live.  Living in the past and holding grudges is miserable.  It can be challenging at times but with prayer it will get better.  The other part of this is WANTING to pray to WANT to.  I think sometimes we like holding onto it.  We like having the ammo.  Look at the people who are in your life or not and it you are holding a grudge let it go.  Don't remember all the bad things that have happened to you or the bad things that have been done to you.  Love everyone like God does and forgive like God does.  That is what will bring you happiness and who doesn't want that?  Well, I can think of some who don't but that is just weird.


(I love my soapbox blog I have....:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...