Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Laughter

from "A Vanished Time"
One of my favorite things about my husband and the family I married into is how much they joke around and how much they laugh.  I have grown to love to laugh about anything and everything.  You can make almost any situation funny.  You can make fun of almost any situation.  I love analyzing people and events.  I love to find the humor in many things.  Audrey once said, ""I don’t take my life seriously, but I do take what I do – in my life – seriously."   I think far too many of us take our lives too seriously.  It is always better to laugh at our quirks, to laugh at our past and to laugh about our daily lives.  Sometimes I get so caught up in all the crap around me that I forget to laugh and not take life too seriously.


Audrey also said, "I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."  I concur!  I too love people who make me laugh.  Most of my friends and family can make me laugh a lot.  If they can't I just try to make them laugh and then we can have fun.  I don't like it when people are serious all the time.  But even so, you can go home and tell someone else all the awesome jokes you said and the other person just sat there and that in itself is funny.  So serious people themselves can be funny in the end too.  I think everyone should value laughter.  I think everyone should want to laugh and joke and have fun a lot of the time.  

Audrey said,  "I'm half-Irish, half-Dutch, and I was born in Belgium. If I was a dog, I'd be in a hell of a mess!"  “I had a marvelous family with a great sense of humor.”  I think it would be a gigantic compliment to have one of my children say, "I had a family that had a great sense of humor.  We laughed all the time even though everything around us was a big ol' mess."  I would rather have a disheveled home that is laughing all the time than a serious perfectly organized home.  

My husband and I gage how much fun we have by how much we laughed.  Don't get me wrong I love talking about serious stuff too as you can see from this blog, but when I am surrounded by friends and family, I want there to be much laughter.  I think Audrey would agree.  I want to put this quote on my wall.  It is from the late prophet of my church.  ""In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." 

Children are the perfect example of how to laugh.  They definitely don't take life too seriously.  This pretty princess girl thinks it is just hilarious how her daddy is kissing on her cheek.  That is the type of things we should all laugh about. 

So, if you haven't laughed today, think about something that happened today and think about how it could be analyzed and be funny and laugh!

"I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner."  Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...