Friday, April 15, 2011

Norwegian Pancakes

This is my great great grandmother's recipe.  These are like crepes but better and you don't need a crepe maker to do these.  My kids beg for these every morning like I did when I was growing up too.


6 eggs
1/2 C sugar
2 TB vanilla
Beat
1 3/4 C milk
1 1/4 C sifted flour
2 TB cooking oil


Mix together til runny and smooth.  In large skillet, put about 1/2 c and tilt skillet around to make it one large pancake.  Flip over when golden brown.  Serve plain, with butter and syrup, with whipped cream, strawberries and bananas or however you like it.  Roll up up and enjoy!



3 comments:

Erin said...

We had these twice this week. I love them. So yummy!

Courtney said...

We have these once or twice a week - your mom gave the recipe to me when we were at the ranch (it must have been when my girls were babies). For some reason my kids call them "big circle pancakes" so as to not confuse them with crepes which we also have about once a week.

Stinsonian said...

Yum. We just made these for dinner. Thanks for the recipe!!! My kids loved them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...