Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick thoughts for the stale Blog

I know I have not posted in SOOOOO long.  We have been moving, without internet, and without time.  I have found the time right now because my baby has strep and wants me to hold him non-stop and he is perfectly happy sitting on my lap while I type and completely disinterested in touching the keys for once because he feels so crappy.  Poor little guy.  So just some random thoughts that are entering my mind on this beautiful sick baby Monday.

-Why can you be in love with something but not in hate with something?  I am officially going to declare that you CAN be in hate with something.

-I heard something today while I was at Albuquerque Lighting, and I added my own flair to the quote.  Light fixtures are like Jewelry, they brighten up any plane jane.  I am in love with light fixtures/chandeliers and am in hate with ugly ceiling fans.

-I eat FAR too many sweets and drink way too much Diet Coke.  Is it any wonder that the only thing my baby wants to eat in the past three days is Peanut Butter M&M's and therefore that is the only thing he has eaten in the past three days?

-I was leaving the grocery store the other day pulling out my wallet to buy girl scout cookies when this tiny girl scout asked in the most high pitched screechy voice I have ever heard if I wanted to buy girl scout cookies.  I almost put my wallet back in my purse...almost.

-I have been sewing lately.  Because we have moved into a new house and there are no such thing as cute curtains or drapes at the store I have been forced to make them.  I have done three rooms with 5 to go.  I am NOT a perfectionist.  I NEVER redo something I did wrong.  I just make it work.  I do the best I can on the first shot and I do the it the fastest way possible.  I just want everything done now...ASAP.  The only thing I have learned to wait for is my handy husband to put up the curtain rods so they are straight and only have one hole and not twenty til I get the right spot.

-My sister bought me a house warming gift that I am CRAZY about.  It is a simple book, like a children's picture book called, "Just Being Audrey."   It is DARLING!  Another plus is that she got it at Anthropologie which is a fav of mine.


-Someone please tell me there is an end to the seemingly endless clutter, organizing, de-junking, un-boxing, trips to goodwill and the dump? 

-I am never going to move again!  I love this house and we can stuff 8 kids in 3 tiny bedrooms right? (Pics to come!)

-My SIL Michelle.  I am obsessed with her blog.  It is one thing I look forward to multiple times a week.  She fascinates me.  If I can be half as interesting as her one day I will feel like I have accomplished something.

-Places all over the world being flooded.  Looking out my window at the perfect sunset and the lots next door that are filled with dry dirt and thousands of tumbleweeds, I can't imagine what that would feel like right now.

-My dad.  Perhaps he is on my mind so much because he calls on me multiple times a day just to check in.  He is 80.  Today he thought about going home to rest because his back hurt instead of going back to work.  I don't know if he did or not.  If you knew him you would know how unusual this is.  He makes me feel special.

-Audrey once said this,  "Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once."   I believe one day after this life we will have a unlimited brain capacity and won't have to do this.  I can't wait for that day.

- I think about Audrey Hepburn a lot.  I admire her more than you know.  I can't imagine going through the things she did and turning out the way she did.  I hope we can look back and say as much about the Japanese people who are suffering.  I will keep praying for them.

My mind seems to never stop well, except when watching The Bachelor cuz that is all I can think about.  Season Finale TONIGHT!!  YAY!!   He totally is picking Emily.

5 comments:

Michelle H said...

I love you! Dad's are great, aren't they. I hope your dad is just finally learning it's okay to stop and rest rather than anything more serious. My dad is having to learn the same thing right now. I don't think he likes it.

I love that quote-mind if I borrow it for my quote on Thursday?

Stinsonian said...

So fun to read this!! We just watched Emily win...now she's trying to make things harder on poor Brad. ARGH!
I can't wait to see pics of your new house and please show pics of the curtains. :)

Shauna said...

Love your blog... Sorry your little one was sick, though, not fun -
BTW- I am following you from the all Week Blog Hop - from http://adventuresofmyfamilyof8.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html would love for you to check out my blog.

Sweetened by Kagi said...

Hi there, you have a GREAT BLOG :)! Following you via the blog hop :)
http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hiya I'm your newest follower from the All Week Long Blog Hop. If you get some time please stop by A Little of This and a Little of That and follow back. Have a great week.
http://alittleoftheother.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...