Just because something is trendy does not mean you have to buy it. Just because they sell it at your favorite store does not mean it will look good. Here are a few fashion trends I hate and wish they would disappear.
1. Clogs- Seriously? Hideous. They were never cute. They don't flatter your legs or feet. They make everything look clunky and larger.
2. Jumpsuits/Rompers- These have got to go. If you are over the age of 8 you just can't wear these. They are not flattering and remind me of when I was a toddler. The only time these are okay is at the beach as a swimsuit cover-up.
3. Panchos- They are now calling these "Circle tops" as if that helps or something. If there is one way to hide your body and draw attention to what you are wearing rather than who you are it is this. Don't do it. I have never seen a person look flattering in these.
4. Faded Ripped Jeans- If you are buying jeans that look like this brand new you are insane. They are not cute. Jeans that show your thigh are not cute. They don't say "sophisticated." They don't say "sexy." They say sloppy and ugly. Don't do it. A good rule of thumb is if anything is stained or ripped in your closet it belongs in the trash.
5. "Dressy" Sweats- Just because you spent 200 dollars on sweats and they are Terrycloth does not mean you can wear them to the Mall or Grocery Store. Don't do it. They are called sweats for a reason. They are meant for you to sweat in.
6. Leggings as Pants- Don't get me wrong. Leggings are pants BUT if you do not have skinny legs you cannot do it. They end up looking like nasty sweats again. And wearing any color besides black when you don't have a shirt that covers your bum is always a good idea.
7. Cutout dresses and Swimsuits- Anyone can take a pair of scissors and slice and dice a dress up. I have seen it done in a classy way but mostly they are just awful. Just stay away from them. Just a good rule of thumb. And the swimsuits? These are the WORST!!! First of all, the support for your girls is non-existent. Second, YUCK! They are so ugly I can't stand them. Don't buy them. Don't think they are hot. They are not!
8. Crocks- So they are comfortable, so what? When you look like you have kankles, fat legs and have rubber feet, I draw the line. They are so juvenile too. Although, they are totally fine on your little boy when he is going to church...NOT! They are never okay. Skip past them when shopping. (You may think this pic is a picture of kids shoes cuz they look like it, but they are not. They are womens. See how awful they are?)
10. All Natural Hairdo- For those of you who know me you know one of my biggest pet peeves is when a mom is walking around with her hair combed, curled, or pulled back and her daughter(s) is ratted and down and gross. You would never think about going out of the house without doing your hair so why in the world would you let your daughter go out without having her hair done. In Europe it is big to just let your hair air dry. So many women have frizzy half wavy hair there. Here are some good examples. The key to doing little girls hair is use a comb and get it wet. Brushes and dry hair do not lay as flat and don't stay.
What trends do you hate?