Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 Fahion Trends I wish would die

Just because something is trendy does not mean you have to buy it.  Just because they sell it at your favorite store does not mean it will look good.  Here are a few fashion trends I hate and wish they would disappear. 

1.  Clogs- Seriously?  Hideous.  They were never cute.  They don't flatter your legs or feet.  They make everything look clunky and larger.  

2.  Jumpsuits/Rompers-  These have got to go.  If you are over the age of 8 you just can't wear these.  They are not flattering and remind me of when I was a toddler.  The only time these are okay is at the beach as a swimsuit cover-up.

3.  Panchos- They are now calling these "Circle tops" as if that helps or something.  If there is one way to hide your body and draw attention to what you are wearing rather than who you are it is this.  Don't do it.  I have never seen a person look flattering in these.

 4.  Faded Ripped Jeans-  If you are buying jeans that look like this brand new you are insane.  They are not cute.  Jeans that show your thigh are not cute.  They don't say "sophisticated." They don't say "sexy."  They say sloppy and ugly.  Don't do it.  A good rule of thumb is if anything is stained or ripped in your closet it belongs in the trash.

5.  "Dressy" Sweats- Just because you spent 200 dollars on sweats and they are Terrycloth does not mean you can wear them to the Mall or Grocery Store.  Don't do it.  They are called sweats for a reason.  They are meant for you to sweat in.

 6.  Leggings as Pants- Don't get me wrong.  Leggings are pants BUT if you do not have skinny legs you cannot do it.  They end up looking like nasty sweats again.  And wearing any color besides black when you don't have a shirt that covers your bum is always a good idea.  

7.  Cutout dresses and Swimsuits- Anyone can take a pair of scissors and slice and dice a dress up.  I have seen it done in a classy way but mostly they are just awful.  Just stay away from them.  Just a good rule of thumb.   And the swimsuits?  These are the WORST!!! First of all, the support for your girls is non-existent.  Second, YUCK!  They are so ugly I can't stand them.  Don't buy them.  Don't think they are hot.  They are not!



8.  Crocks- So they are comfortable, so what?  When you look like you have kankles, fat legs and have rubber feet, I draw the line.  They are so juvenile too.  Although, they are totally fine on your little boy when he is going to church...NOT!  They are never okay.  Skip past them when shopping.  (You may think this pic is a picture of kids shoes cuz they look like it, but they are not.  They are womens.  See how awful they are?)

10.  All Natural Hairdo- For those of you who know me you know one of my biggest pet peeves is when a mom is walking around with her hair combed, curled, or pulled back and her daughter(s) is ratted and down and gross.  You would never think about going out of the house without doing your hair so why in the world would you let your daughter go out without having her hair done.  In Europe it is big to just let your hair air dry.  So many women have frizzy half wavy hair there.  Here are some good examples.  The key to doing little girls hair is use a comb and get it wet.  Brushes and dry hair do not lay as flat and don't stay.



What trends do you hate?

9 comments:

Design It Chic said...

Crocks are seriously funny, but they are meant to be worn in your backyard only:) hi hi Awesome list, btw! You're right on money there. I just discovered your blog and I'm glad I did. I am now following you thanks to Wednesday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Wednesday

Expat with Kids said...

I am your latest follower from Switterland and guess what my inspiration is? You might just recognize it on my blog header ;)
Ciao, Expatwihtkids

Social Media Junkie said...

Hey Anne,
Thanks for joining us for FMBT. I'm you're newest follower. Love this post.. there are a few things on there I'm guilty of wearing like the Juicy sweats and crocs but the rest.. AMEN..lol

Have a great week,
Stacy
www.sjunkie.com

Erin said...

WHAT!!! Cut-out swimsuits are out? I just bought one and thought I looked pretty SEXY!!!

Annie said...

I hate tank tops by themselves and especially if they are large breasted women and they are sagging. I see it all the time. Use the tank and cover it with a cute top, blouse, jacket etc. It is so much classier looking.

Dee Dee Cox said...

The last post was Dee Dee not Annie.

Michelle H said...

This post is 100% you! Very nice.

Anna said...

Hi!
I'm your newest follower from the Mailbox Monday blog hop. Just stop by to say hi! Too funny and I also love Audrey Hepburn:)

Feel free to check out my blog here: inadaze13.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

This list is funny....and I cringed at a few of them because I'm guilty of 1) the sweats-thing, 2) the faded-ripped jeans-thing 3) the little girl hair-thing. All I'm gonna say is NINE kids. Sometimes it's hard to get the out the door, let alone make sure they have "neat" hair! LOL

My biggest fashion-trend thing that I HATE -- no, hate is not strong enough -- I absolutely ABHORE.... it when both guys and girls wear their jeans so low that their underwear shows. Do you ever see the guys walking around with their jeans so loose and baggy and riding so low on them that their boxers show? I mean, if it weren't for the boxers being there, half of their butt would be showing! And the girls....when their g-string shows in the back, or in the front you can practically see their pubic bone! Ugh, I hate that. BELTS, people! ever heard of them??? LOL

I saw your link on the Mom Blog Hop - I'm your newest follower:)

Katrina
www.theyallcallmemom.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...